Friday, September 12, 2014

Melbourne trip (Winter holiday) | 14.6.2014 - 29.6.2012

Hello people! Yes, my Melbourne trip during winter holiday!

Flew to Melbourne the next day after my exam! Yes! It's my first time (technically it's my second time cause I need to stop at Melbourne before flying over to Tasmania but that doesn't count cause I'm stuck at the airport) flying to Melbourne! It's also my first time flying alone! I never fly an airplane alone in my entire life. Lol. It was an experience. Haha. Not bad cause it's only for a short period of time. I was so excited because I never been to Melbourne before (except for the airport)! Landed in Melbourne earlier than expected and got onto the bus headed to Daryl's place! Yeah! Can't wait to see Daryl for the first time after we got together! So you can imagine how I felt that time - excited but at the same time nervous!

Reached Daryl's place and to my surprise Josh opened the door for me! I KNEW IT! I knew he's going to fly to Melbourne during his holiday! He told me he want to surprise Daryl but ended up telling me that he couldn't go. I knew something was wrong. Daryl and Josh! RAWR!

Melbourne is different! It is very very different from Tasmania. No joke. They are the total opposite from each other. Daryl stays near the city - where all the happenings are at. Although my uni is not far from the city - the happening is not as that much of happen as compared to Melbourne. The first thing I realised was that there were a lot of Asians. They are everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE!  It's like Asians dominated the place! I am not use to Melbourne when I first reach there because there were too many Asians, I am used to being the only few Asians in Tasmania. It took me some time to get used to Melbourne!

The sceneries in Tasmania are amazing, it sure is. But food wise, there's no much choices you can find in Tasmania. Unlike Melbourne, food is everywhere you go! From Western food to Korean food. I would definitely go back to Melbourne for the food! It's so yummy I couldn't resist them! Went on a dinner date with boyfie to Big Ma Ma for Korean food! It was awesome! :D Went to Starbucks after :D Loving dinner dates like this! Food hunting hehehehhe. I wanted to try Korean BBQ too! So we went to Wooga, it's near Queen Victoria Market. Delicious food, ate so much that night!

Went for my first English breakfast - or the so-called brunch in Melbourne at Breakfast Thieves. Ohmy there were so many people, we waited for - more than an hour (if I'm not wrong). But I can tell you it's all worth it. The food was awesome! I had Egg Benedict's! Been wanting to try Egg Benedict's for the longest time! Almost tried when I was in Bangkok, but did not. I forgot what did the rest ordered, but they all look good! South of Johnston is the second place I went for brunch. We waited for quite some time too! It was on my birthday! I forgot what I ordered. But I think Breakfast Thieves is better - or maybe I ordered the wrong food.

There are few places where you can have gelato too! I went to Gelato Messina after Breakfast Thieves. They have a variety of flavours. They were all mouth-watering! It's like they are screaming for you! I ended up having their coffee gelato ice cream. Chocolate has always been my favourite since I was younger. But - every since I tried coffee ice cream at Hilton buffet in KL, I AM SO IN LOVE WITH COFFEE FLAVOUR ICE CREAM NOW. IT'S REALLY REALLY YUMMY. It's not as sweet as chocolate flavour too, which I really like. There's this place called N2, it's famous for their gelato too! We went there at night and there were so many people! People are everywhere is Melbourne! No joke! We had - I forgot what we ordered haha.

Oh you must try the oysters there! At South Melbourne Market. Or Queen Victoria Market! A dozen for 12 dollar! One per dollar! It's super delicioussssss! Get some churros from Queen Victoria Market too! And and what else? Donuts from the market too!

Where else? Hanaichi! It's good! Oh oh! Schnitz! The fries! It's so delicious! Hahahaha. There's too much food to eat in Melbourne! 

We were lucky because when I was there, there's this event where the organizers give free food every day! For lunch! They only give to 100 people daily! So if you want to get free food, you have to be there early and queue for the food! So we did. Haha. Almost every single day! Haha. It's to promote their own business by giving out free food. 

Boyfie had exams so josh and I went out for an adventure! Lol. This josh ar. He is too adventurous! We walked and walked and walked. 

After my birthday celebration, which you can read it here, we went on a road trip to great ocean road! Too bad the weather was bad. If not the sceneries would have been breath taking. It was a long long drive. Poor boyfie have to drive all the way from Melbourne and back to Melbourne. It was an experience, it really is.

It's sad that I did not meet up with my friends. Had too much going on :O I feel bad for not meeting my friends, but I did meet up with one.

This post is getting long. There's more to write about, but I'll stop here for now. Probably edit this post again and add in some photos! Stay tuned!

Xoxo.

No comments :